England & Wales No: 1093577
Scotland No: SC039799
See more at: http://www.ramblers.org.uk/#sthash.Q54ZAOJS.dpuf
1) Our annual Christmas dinner was held on Sunday 11th December at the Hampshire Court Hotel with 51 members in attendance -
After the meal we held the Grand Raffle and most people were noted to be staggering out of the building laden down with stunning and glittering prizes. We then had a comedy act which was not only hilarious but very professional in presentation and delivery -
Ed announced the winners of the 2016 photographic competition as follows :-
1st place -
2nd place -
3rd place -
Fleur then announced Ed as the winner of the 'Walk Leader of the year' and presented him with the Golden Boot Trophy to hold for the next year. This had been a hard fought three-
By then our throats were suitably lubricated so Avril led us through a rousing rendition of the 'Twelve Days of Christmas'. The rest of the day was spent socialising among ourselves and the day was deemed to be a great success.
2) The last boys lunch was held at Tangs on 2nd November. Contact Ken for more details
3) The walking break/holiday this year was based in Paignton in Devon . Click here for a write up of the break which was enjoyed by all.
4) This years Grand Picnic was held at Longparish Village Hall which had the advantage of a fully equipped kitchen and a full range of chairs and tables for indoor and outdoor use. The day started with rain but did not stop about 38 hardy ramblers turning up. We set of on a four mile walk around Longparish in the rain but fortunately towards the end of the walk the rain stopped. But the decision was made to have the picnic inside the hall because of threatening grey rain bearing clouds.
The Grand Picnic was very enjoyable and a big Thank you must go to everyone who brought along various delicious types of food which contributed to the success of the picnic and also to John and Laura for organising.
5) The next ladies events has been organised for :-
Thursday 7 December Xmas Lunch at Bcot
© North Hampshire Downs Group of the Ramblers -
Social Events 2016/2017