walking in north hampshire

Ramblers Charity

England & Wales No: 1093577

Scotland No: SC039799

See more at: http://www.ramblers.org.uk/#sthash.Q54ZAOJS.dpuf

Reporting a Problem on a Footpath to HCC Barbara Jones

If you ever find an issue with a footpath which needs reporting to Hampshire County Council here is a reminder about what to do.

 Find the HCC Rights of Way Homepage –  Click here

 On the right hand side of the page under ‘facebook’ there is, written in red – Reporting a problem on a rights of way. Click onto this.

 On the next page look at the section part way down, ‘Report a problem on a rights of way’. Here there are two options: either to report using online mapping or without a map.

 Click on what option you prefer and follow instructions.

Within a few days the submission will be acknowledged, initially from HCC indicating their priority level for the reported problem. I have copied a response for the footbridge problem over the River Whitewater as an illustration.

Rights of Way Report No:   111004225054

Thank you for your recent report relating to structure-stile on path no 31 in the parish of Hartley Whitney which has been passed to the appropriate Area Countryside Access Team.

All maintenance and enforcement problems reported to the County Council will be allotted a priority.  Priorities are assigned with regard to the effect upon the whole of the public.  According to the details provided we have assigned your report a priority 3. For further information on our priority guidance please click here

Please do not reply to this email as incoming mail is not monitored

If you require a progress report on this particular issue, please contact Hants direct on 0845 6035636 or email countryside@hants.gov.uk.  

If you wish to report a new matter relating to countryside access, please use our online report a fault facility. Click here

Countryside Access Team

Countryside Service

Hampshire County Council

For further information on access to the countryside please visit  Click here

The reporting process is not onerous but if you opt for the ‘without the online map’ option you will still need to refer to an OS map to give the name of the parish, Grid Reference of the location of the problem,  name/number of adjacent road if appropriate.

Barbara Jones